21 February 2008

Happiness is

My first summer stage managing at summer stock, one of my shows was You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. It was a fun show, great experience, taught me a lot, etc, etc. But when I moved away from home, what I remembered most was the silly song Happiness Is. It's the finale of the show, filled with what makes the Peanuts' gang happy. You know, eating an ice cream, catching a firefly, setting it freeeeeee. Anyway, when I moved away from home, and I got scared and depressed, I would write a "Happiness Is" entry in my journal. The only rule was that it had to be something that happened to me or I did in the past few days, because if you're grasping at happiness straws from a couple of weeks ago, then you need to do something to correct that ASAP. I've had a real rough couple of days, so, without further ado, my first Happiness Is blog:

Happiness is...

1. Gordon Ramsey. He has to take his shirt off on camera at least once every episode. Do you think it's written in his contract?

2. Drinking whiskey with a good friend. Even when someone else joins you and you don't get to whine about what you wanted to whine about. Especially when you end up not paying.

3.

Like, seriously? I will keep this episode of Lost on my DVR for as long as I possibly can. Technically, it was 6 days ago that this Sayid-centric episode was delivered to me, but as I watched it again today, it totally gets counted as a Happiness Is for today.



Mmmmm...



4. There is no number 4.

5. Cold Brewed Green Tea. Thank you, Beth.


6. Yummy frozen pizza. Thank you, Kashi.

7. New, seriously comfortable socks. Thank you, Adidas.

8. Someone telling me they love me. Thank you, Beth and my sister.

9. My cat, Suki, who will generally come when called, even when she was comfortable, and will stay put when you pet her.

10. Did I mention
















11. Bacon. Happiness is definitely bacon.

No comments: