20 August 2009

Cooking with Coolio - My New Favorite Show

So, I went to the Iowa State Fair on Monday, and Coolio was playing on one of the free stages. Yes, that Coolio. Interestingly enough, the theatre I'm working at now performed one of their kids shows on the same stage earlier that afternoon. So you had this at 1:

















And this around 9:



And yes, the stage does say "Ridiculously High Standards" on it.

But thrilled as we all were to hear Gangsta's Paradise, there
was one question on everyone's mind - Coolio is playing the free stage at the Iowa State Fair? Huh?

Well, my favorite cross-dressing cow seemed to stumble upon the answer for us - Tommy discovered that Coolio is coming out with a cookbook. Not only that, but he's been hosting his own cooking show - Cooking with Coolio - online.

So here, friends, is what is labeled "Cooking With Coolio #1 - Coolio Caprese Salad. I dare you to not be enthralled, because I certainly was. In fact, my words fail me right about here.


I can't even decide what my favorite part of this is. The repetition of the ingredients behind him, the packets he carries his salt, pepper and herbs in, the catch phrases, the massive knife he uses, or the fact that I totally want to eat that salad.

Shaka Zulu, indeed, Coolio. Now please excuse me while I go watch Cooking with Coolio #2 - Coolio Fork Steak and pre-order my book on Amazon.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coolio Rules!! His new album is quite good, as well. It's called Steal Hear. Cheers

marco said...

love it! shaka zulu!