12 March 2009

This dream is up for interpretation

I had a rough night sleeping last night. It seemed that the first four hours were spent almost falling asleep, having some brief disturbing dream, and waking up. Then, when I finally did fall asleep for reals, this is what I dreamt:

I'm downstairs at some restaurant and about to leave to meet my ride upstairs, when who should I almost literally bump into but B-Side! Having obsessed about him as he obsessed about celebrities, I recognize him immediately, despite the fact that he had frosted his hair and looked like the love child of Jay Manuel and Susan Powter. You know, if they were the the last people on Earth. And got really drunk. And used artificial insemination. Anyway:
+
















=

(Sorry, my photoshop skills are rudimentary at best, but I couldn't allow this image* to live in my head alone. And my apologies, B-Side, for taking liberties with the color/pattern of your wall, but I had to make the hair show up! (Because if you google your name as much as I hope you do, you may actually read this post some day.))

Anyway, I immediately gasp and say "you're B-Side!" And he sneers at me. Yup, SNEERS. One would hope he wouldn't actually do that in real life, but maybe I caught him on an off day. So he sits down at a table with his friends and ignores me, and because I'm overwhelmed but not wanting to be too obnoxious, I tell him how much I love him and that I'm sorry to have bothered him and I will take my leave. But then one of his friends (who looked a lot like Seth Green, but wasn't actually Seth Green) starts asking me questions and basically invites me to hang out and join them. (B-Side doesn't appear too pleased by this development. What up, Dream B-Side? You don't know me! Maybe I'm that friend you always longed for in your heart but didn't realize why your life felt so empty.) And though I long to, I explain that I was actually about to leave on a tour and the bus was waiting upstairs for me. And then I say "I can't believe I've been here for three months, hoping to see you, and I run into you on my last day here!" And where was the "here" that for some reason not only was I spending three months there but the B-Side was supposed to be for a length of time also?

New Jersey.

Yeah, I definitely don't get that part, either.

*For those of you only reading this as an imported note in the Facebook, you can see the pics if you visit my blog proper. Plus then it would give StatCounter something to log other than people clicking pictures of marmots.

No comments: